This page explains the steps you need to follow to set up the Slack connection in Automatisch. If any of the steps are outdated, please let us know!
- Go to the link to create an app on Slack API.
- Select From scratch.
- Enter App name.
- Pick the workspace you would like to use with the Slack connection.
- Click on Create App button.
- Copy Client ID and Client Secret values and save them to use later.
- Go to OAuth & Permissions page.
- Copy OAuth Redirect URL from Automatisch and add it in Redirect URLs. Don't forget to save it after adding it by clicking Save URLs button!
- Go to Bot Token Scopes and add
chat:writescope to enable the bot functionality.
Slack does not allow non-secure URLs in redirect URLs. Therefore, you will need to serve Automatisch via HTTPS protocol.
- Paste Client ID and Client Secret values you have saved earlier and paste them into Automatisch as Consumer Key and Consumer Secret, respectively.
- Click Submit button on Automatisch.
- Now, you can start using the Slack connection with Automatisch.