This page explains the steps you need to follow to set up the Twitter connection in Automatisch. If any of the steps are outdated, please let us know!
- Go to the Twitter Developer Portal, complete the questionnaire and click the Let's do this button.
- Accept terms & conditions on the following page and click Submit.
If you see an error saying
There was a problem completing your request. User must have a verified phone number on file prior to submitting application. Go to the phone settings page and set up your phone number to be able to continue on step 2.
- You will get a verification email from Twitter. Click on Confirm your email button.
- Fill out the App name field and click on the Get keys button.
- Copy API Key and API Key Secret values and save them to use later.
- Click Dashboard and Yes, I saved them buttons, respectively.
- Go to the App settings link in the project section you have created.
- Go to the User authentication settings section and click Set up.
- Enable OAuth 1.0a on the following page.
- In the OAuth 1.0A Settings section, select Read and write option.
- Copy OAuth Redirect URL from Automatisch and paste it to the Callback URI / Redirect URL field.
- Fill Website URL and click Save.
- Paste API Key and API Key Secret values you have saved from the 5th step and paste them into Automatisch as API Key and API Secret, respectively.
- Congrats! You can start using the new Twitter connection!